Monday, May 19, 2014

Week 1 of the less stress project: Everything is Awesome!

Happy Monday, everyone!

So, last Monday I rambled on a bit about some realizations I had made and some changes I wanted to introduce to help reduce the daily feeling of stress I had in my life.  Not Big Event Catastrophe Stress (which, fortunately, I do not have at the moment), but just the daily grind stuff that slowly eats at you and makes you miserable, even though on the whole, all the "big stuff" of life is safely in place. And thanks to all of you for your support about this!!  Your comments and encouragement were so great.

I took this endeavour pretty seriously this week, really tried to adhere to the spirit and main principles of the project.  And it paid off.  I feel great :)

The hardest- getting enough sleep.  Getting up early was not so bad, but I found it hard to GO to bed at a decent time, with things left "undone".  Or without time to unwind.   And though I didn't perfect this, I did feel the benefits of the extra sleep I did get.

Getting up early in the mornings had to be my biggest benefit.  Oh, to not feel rushed!!  I was pleasant!  I hardly yelled at all!  Things ran smoothly!  It was brilliant.



Being outside and exercising was also SO good for my psyche.  I didn't get to it as much as I had planned, but every bit it a bonus.  I took in fresh air, listened to birds sing, noticed the buds on the trees.  Medicine for the soul.




I also relieved some stress by ticking some annoying things off my to-do list. Put some things in order.  Cleaned house a bit.  And yes, even did the laundry to completion one day. Did a good grocery shop and used one of my afternoons off work to do the prep work for my work night dinners.  So nice to come home to meals that were quick to assemble!



Did LOTS of cuddling and focusing on my kids.  They made me laugh.  Best therapy.



Exercised Rule 10, where moderation was abandoned for a night of debauchery with friends involving too much food and drink and staying out too late.  It was spectacular :)

And all these things in the same 24 hour days I have always had!!

Imagine that!?!?

All in all, I feel like I am on my way to a better quality of life.  One step at a time!  

How did your week go?  I hope you all had a great one!  Enjoy a less-stress week ahead!




6 comments:

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

Yeah for week one. I sent you an email with a video. It's really from me. It's not spam.

Katie B said...

Ah. Sounds delightful! I spent some "me time" yesterday listening to Iggy Azalea and folding clothes. I thought of you when I saw the bottom of the laundry basket!

Little Island Quilting said...

I can put it all down to my encourage and comments if you like?

Shay said...

An empty washing basket is one of the joys of my life (and I managed that over the weekend too) .

Love how you’re doing really simple things and getting great results that really do make life feel less stressful. Way to go Girl!

I loved this post. It made me smile. A lot!

Isisjem said...

Yay to putting that simpler life into practice. Although nothing will induce me to want to get out of bed early. I am so rubbish in the mornings!

Tawny said...

Sounds like you're coming along fantastically. I hope the rain the past few days didn't set you back (it totally ruined my week and made me cranky). Keep going! You are encouraging me to do the same. :)