Monday, June 20, 2011

Mail!

Canada Post is currently in full-out strike mode (boo!!), but before that happened, I had me a good mail week :-)

First off, I have to say a big thank you to the awesome people in Blogland who encouraged me to get back up on the swap horse after my first (crappy) experience. After I posted about that one, the amazingly thoughtful Sandy insisted she send a gift my way. And then in the last month or so, I have "inadvertently" gotten myself into a bunch of private swaps, ALL of which are going so great! So, this week, I trotted down the to the post office with my little side kick, bribed her with a cookie to keep quiet while I taped up my first bundle of packages (these ones going to Sandy, Alison, Kaelin and Amy). Ladies, don't judge a package by its cover because my packaging/tape job is really quite comical! Look like they were done by a cat or at least an animal without opposable thumbs. Anyways, after selling a kidney, I was able to pay Canada Post what was required to send them on their merry way. More on the contents later :-)
Speaking of swaps, I have already received my parcel from Amy...check out this adorable kidlet basket she made for me using her sweet new "My Happy Place" fabric. I love it, Amy! And she included some extra fabric, a button and a bloom transfer in its pocket. Thanks so much! Lucky me :-)

My new friend Jeannie also sent me a huge bundle of interfacing in the mail. She had said she was going to send me samples of a couple types so I could see their texture and such before ordering online, but instead she sent me a whole stack which will be put to good use in my framed purse production line of late :-) Thanks, Jeannie!

My mate Kelli was kind enough to send me a load of Denyse Schmidt's Australian version of her latest fabric. Drool! I will put it together with my stack of the American prints and plan to use it in Elizabeth's quilt-a-long! On my own schedule, of course ;)

Also, got myself some yardage of Anna Maria Horner's Little Folks voile. I actually still have this whole line, uncut- so why order more? I plan to use this buttery goodness on the back of a yet-to-be-designed quilt involving my rainbow Liberty of London bundle! And I WILL get over my anxiety and cut into the Little Folks bundle, eventually!

Lastly, I got myself a little something for the sewing room from Aunty Cookie in Australia. How cute is this print?

While I was at it, I got a half yard of this adorable linen. Expensive, but I know just the project(s) for it!

Now, just a couple more swap presents to send out! I love mail :-)

13 comments:

Amy Friend said...

Oh, I love that linen fabric!!! Nice! You have confirmed my fear that your kidlet got smooshed in the mail since you used my picture. Pinky swear that it was fine when you got it???

Elizabeth Dackson said...

Oh, swoon, so much fabric eye candy!!! I adore your bundle for your Kaleidoscope quilt - those mustard yellows are just gorgeous!!!! - and your bag from Amy is so cute :)

randi said...

love that little bag!

i am waiting for my aussie DS to arrive too, and i can't wait. the pop of yellow is going to complete my already great stack of fabric!

Katie B said...

I love that Quilt Nerd print! How fun!

This post strike would drive me nuts. What do you do about getting your non-fabric mail, like bills and stuff? Ooh, if you can't get your bills, does that mean you don't have to pay them?? :)

Megan said...

They all look wonderful!

Little Island Quilting said...

H'mmmmmm, I only have one kidney so the selling a kidney joke is a bit lost on me ;-)

Jenny said...

Fun swaps!! Maybe someday I'll venture in to doing that.

Shay said...

There's nothing like getting mail (or sending it ) Crafty mail is one of the most exciting pleasures in life.

All of your parcels contained lovely things!

Sue said...

So many good friends. How good for you!!

Melissa said...

I LOVE getting (and sending out) crafty mail! I've got a few packages on their way to me that are being held hostage in the postal strike - boo!
Btw, all your fabric goodies (and that sweet bag) are soooo lovely!

Sarah said...

I sent you a package as well, I guess canada post decided to not deliver it all the way :( I even ordered myself some prince charming for my birthday and it never came before the strike happened, I hope I get all my fabric purchases at once, it will be like christmas.

corina said...

So sorry you had to give your kidney. I gave Canada Post 4 quarts of blood the last time I mailed a package. I haven't quite recovered yet! I'm glad this round of swaps is going better for you. Love the linen print!

Natalie said...

Ooh, great mail!! So many fun and pretty things to enjoy in your post-- I especially love the kidlet! Those are such a great idea, and the fabric used for yours is perfect!